Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt completely overwhelmed by packing for travel.
When you start, you’re hit with the reality that you are an obscene over-packer. It’s daunting enough to think of everything you’ll need – never mind actually fitting everything in your suitcase.
Well there’s good news: Packing for a trip does not have to be that frightening! With the right supplies and techniques at your disposal, you could easily pack for your travels – all without the stress that comes with packing poorly.
Continue to read and we’ll walk through how to pack like a pro right now in this very blog post. When we’re done you’ll know exactly how to prepare your suitcase for your next adventure. Ready? Let’s dive in.
5 Tips to Pack like a Pro
1) PLAN AHEAD
- Write a comprehensive list of every single thing you will need on your trip.
- Check the weather beforehand.
- Think of all the activities you will participate in.
- Layout all of your outfits with shoes & accessories for every day of your trip.
2) INVEST IN TRAVEL GEAR
- To save money buy travel sized refillable bottles for shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, face and body wash.
- Toiletries such as shaving cream, lint roller, or deodorant in travel size will come in handy.
- A medium sized suitcase will always be the perfect size for travel.
- Use travel aids such as packing cubes, jewelry pouches, compression sacs, and folding envelopes.
3) ORGANIZE YOUR CARRY ON
- Treat your carry on as a lifeline in case your luggage were to get lost.
- Pack your toiletries in your carry on and be sure they are TSA approved size.
- Pack an extra pair of clothes including underwear and socks.
- Pack all of your chargers in your carry on.
- Carry your ID, passport, and cash with you at all times.
4) MAXIMIZE SUITCASE SPACE
- Stuff socks into your shoes and pack shoes first heel to toe, creating an ideal foundation.
- Fill awkward gaps with rolled up soft items such as t-shirts, tights, jerseys, or leggings.
- Layer bulky items on top of each other with one end in the suitcase and the other end outside of the suitcase. Then alternately layer each end on top of one another.
- Place awkward shaped objects on the very top in the middle of the suite case for protection.
5) ORGANIZE CABLES AND CHARGERS
- Only take electronics you NEED. If an electronic can serve multiple purposes, eliminate others.
- Keep computer cords, chargers, and headphones bundled and untangled with reusable gear ties.
- Use travel cases designed for cables and electronics storage.
Last, but certainly not least, you want to be sure to give yourself time! This way, you can make sure you won’t miss a thing.
Then you’re ready to take on anything that may come up on your vacation! And you know what the best part is? Next time, that empty suitcase won’t feel quite as daunting.
Want to add your own packing tips? Leave a comment below!